MPB Group, Inc. is a licensed outpatient mental health center that provides mental health therapy for individuals, couples, and families. We also provide integrative services for those clients who struggle with alcohol or drug addiction, as well as ongoing group therapy to meet the varied needs of the clients. In the next few weeks, we will be starting ongoing groups for various ages and populations.
Group Therapy Meetings Available
● Adult Anxiety Group – Teletherapy only – Meets weekly on Thursdays from 6:00 -7:00. Provides a supportive environment and includes topics such as how to manage specific or generalized anxiety, and how to communicate with others. 6 week sessions
● Parent Support Group – Teletherapy only – Meets weekly on Wednesdays from 6:00 -7:00. Helps parents better understand their children’s needs, discuss coping skills for stress management, and address self-care. Ongoing group
● Adult Substance Abuse Support Group – Teletherapy only – Meets weekly on Tuesdays from 7:00-8:00 pm. Topics include maintaining abstinence, coping skills, support, and more. Ongoing group
● Adolescent Support Group (ages 14-18) – Teletherapy only – Meets weekly on Wednesdays from 6:00 -7:00 pm. Topics include coping with the effects of the Covid virus, relationships, peer pressure, coping skills, and more. Ongoing group
● Middle School Support Group (ages 11-14) – Teletherapy only – Meets weekly on Mondays from 5:00 -6:00 pm. This group will cover a range of topics including self-esteem, emotion regulation, and peer relationships/social skills. 8 week group
● Social Skills Group for Elementary School Children (ages 7-10) – Hybrid attendance – Meets weekly on Mondays from 6:00 -7:00. Children will learn social skills, cooperating with others, listening, personal space, boundaries, and understanding and expressing their feelings. 8 week group
● Mindfulness/Meditation Group – Teletherapy only – Meets weekly on Mondays from 10:00 -11:00 AM. This group will teach and enable you to practice mindfulness techniques to cope with various stressors. 8 week group
● Trauma Recovery Group – Teletherapy only – Meets weekly on Wednesdays from 5:00 -6:00. Adult trauma survivors can learn coping skills and support others. 8 week group
● Self- Esteem Group for Girls (ages 11-18) – Hybrid – Meets weekly on Mondays from 7:00 – 8:00. This group will allow girls to address their anxieties and stressors typical to females. 6 week group
● Grief and Loss Group for Adults – Hybrid – Meets weekly on Tuesdays from 7:00-8:00 pm, starting on 12/6/21. Participants will process their grief, support each other, and learn coping skills towards reaching a resolution from their losses. 6-week group.
As indicated above, some groups will be offered both in person and via teletherapy (hybrid). Maryland Medicaid and Carefirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance is accepted. Cash clients Accepted. To express interest in any group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the group in the “subject” line.
At the end of each 6-8 week group, our agency rewards the attendee who attended the most group sessions. That person will “spin the wheel” to determine what prize that they win!
Our mission is to implement psychoeducational and support groups to reduce participants’ perceived isolation, offer different perspectives on similar issues, and improve their social and relationship skills. Groups enable participants to normalize their feelings and behavior, gain an understanding of their symptoms and have peers to provide support, feedback, and accountability.
Information for all groups:
❏ All (current MPB) clients must have an intake assessment on file with our clinic to participate
❏ Cost: Free for those with Medicaid, Blue Cross/Blue Shield accepted with co-pay
❏ $55 per session for all other interested persons
New Patient Registration
Please click the link below if you are a new patient, or if you would like to refer a new patient to our services.