MPB Group, Inc. is a licensed outpatient mental health center that provides mental health therapy for individuals, couples, and families. We also provide integrative services for those clients who struggle with alcohol or drug addiction, as well as ongoing group therapy to meet the varied needs of the clients. In the next few weeks, we will be starting ongoing groups for various ages and populations.
ALL GROUPS WILL NOW BE HELD VIA TELETHERAPY DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
Group Therapy Meetings Available
- Adult Anxiety Group – Meets weekly on Thursdays from 6:00-7:00 pm. Provides a supportive environment and includes topics such as anxiety around the Coronavirus, how to manage generalized anxiety, and how to communicate with others.
- Parent Support Group – Meets weekly on Wednesdays from 6:00-7:00 pm. Helps parents better understand their children’s needs, discuss coping skills for stress management, and address self-care.
- Adult Substance Abuse Treatment Group – Meets weekly on Tuesdays from 7:00-8:00 pm. Topics include maintaining abstinence, coping skills, support, and more.
- Adult LGBTQ+ Support Group – Meets weekly on Tuesdays from 7:00-8:00 pm. Topics include inclusion, identification, self-care, and support.
- Adolescent LGBTQ+ Support Group (ages 14-18) – Meets weekly on Tuesdays from 5:00 -6:00 pm. This group provides a safe place to discuss issues with other teens relating to your LGBTQ+ life.
- Adolescent Support Group (ages 14-18) – Meets weekly on Wednesdays from 6:00–7:00 pm. Topics include coping with the effects of the Coronavirus, relationships, peer pressure, coping skills, and more.
- Middle School Support Group (ages 11-14)– Meets weekly on Mondays from 5:00-6:00 pm. This group will cover a range of topics including self-esteem, emotion regulation, peer relationships/social skills, and dealing with Covid-19 related anxiety.
- Mindfulness/Meditation Group – Meets weekly on Thursdays from 7:00-8:00 pm. This group will teach and practice mindfulness techniques to cope with various stressors.
- Love Languages Group – Meets bi-weekly on Saturdays from 10:00-11:00 am. Group facilitators will be using ideas from “The Five Love Languages” book by Gary Chapman to help couples discover how to enliven and strengthen their relationship.
- Grief and Loss Support Group – Meets weekly on Saturday from 3:00-4:00 pm. This is a support group for adults who are grieving the death of someone significant. The purpose of this group is to provide information on grieving, process grief and loss in an empathetic environment, and build a community with others with shared experiences.
All groups are provided via teletherapy. Maryland Medicaid & CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance accepted. Cash clients accepted. To express interest in any group, please email email@example.com and include the name of the group. Prepaid discounts are available.
Our agency is rewarding attendees who attend 4 out of 6 consecutive sessions. Those eligible will be able to participate in a virtual random drawing. The winner gets a $25 Target or Local restaurant gift card.
Our mission is to implement psychoeducational and support groups to reduce participants’ perceived isolation, offer different perspectives on similar issues, and improve their social and relationship skills. Groups enable participants to normalize their feelings and behavior, gain an understanding of their symptoms and have peers to provide support, feedback, and accountability.
Information for all groups:
❏ All clients must have an intake assessment on file with our clinic to participate
❏ Cost: Free for those with Medicaid, Blue Cross/Blue Shield accepted with co-pay
❏ $55 per session for all other interested persons