MPB Group, Inc. is a licensed outpatient mental health center that provides mental health therapy for individuals, couples, and families. We also provide integrative services for those clients who struggle with alcohol or drug addiction, as well as ongoing group therapy to meet the varied needs of the clients. In the next few weeks, we will be starting ongoing groups for various ages and populations.
Group Therapy Meetings Available
- Adult Anxiety Group – Now available to meet in person – Meets weekly on Thursdays from 6:00-7:00 pm. Provides a supportive environment and includes topics such as how to manage specific or generalized anxiety, and how to communicate with others.
- Parent Support Group – Remains via teletherapy – Meets weekly on Wednesdays from 6:00-7:00 pm. Helps parents better understand their children’s needs, discuss coping skills for stress management, and address self-care.
- Adult Substance Abuse Treatment Group – Now available to meet in person – Meets weekly on Tuesdays from 7:00-8:00 pm. Topics include maintaining abstinence, coping skills, support, and more.
- Adult LGBTQ+ Support Group – Remains via teletherapy – Meets weekly on Tuesdays from 7:00-8:00 pm. Topics include inclusion, identification, self-care, and support.
- Adolescent LGBTQ+ Support Group (ages 14-18) – Remains via teletherapy – Meets weekly on Tuesdays from 5:00 -6:00 pm. This group provides a safe place to discuss issues with other teens relating to your LGBTQ+ life
- Adolescent Support Group (ages 14-18) – Remains via teletherapy – Meets weekly on Wednesdays from 6:00–7:00 pm. Topics include coping with the effects of the Coronavirus, relationships, peer pressure, coping skills, and more.
- Middle School Support Group (ages 11-14)– Now available to meet in person – Meets weekly on Mondays from 5:00-6:00 pm. This group will cover a range of topics including self-esteem, emotion regulation, peer relationships/social skills, and dealing with Covid-19 related anxiety.
- Mindfulness/Meditation Group – Now available to meet in person – ➔ Meets weekly on Thursdays from 7:00-8:00 pm. This group will teach and practice mindfulness techniques to cope with various stressors.
- Grief and Loss Support Group – Now available to meet in person – Meets weekly on Wednesdays from 7:00 -8:00 pm. This group will address ways to move through the symptoms of grief and loss in order to have resolution and the ability to recover.
- Trauma Recovery Group – Now available to meet in person – Meets weekly on Wednesdays from 5:00-6:00 pm. This group is for adult trauma survivors to learn coping skills and support others.
- Empowering Youth Affected by Parental Substance Use – Now available to meet in person – Meets weekly on Tuesdays from 7:00-8:00 pm. Aimed to educate and support children (ages 11-18) with parents who have a substance use disorder.
As indicated above, groups will be offered both in person and via teletherapy. If the group is in person, you still have the choice to attend via teletherapy. Maryland Medicaid & CareFirst Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance accepted. Cash clients accepted. To express interest in any group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the group. Prepaid discounts are available.
Our agency is rewarding attendees who attend 4 out of 6 consecutive sessions. Those eligible will be able to participate in a virtual random drawing. The winner gets a $25 Target or Local restaurant gift card.
- If you are not currently a client with MPB Group, please call MPB Group to do a clinical screening for group services only – inform the staff that you are only interested in group services.
- Once you have done the clinical screening, you can come to the next scheduled group session. Please fill out the short “group screening” form below before you enter the group: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pIL4lYrmSGKINj5s3E3YMl8d2PZV7EhEPTf3etTtcSM/edit)
Our mission is to implement psychoeducational and support groups to reduce participants’ perceived isolation, offer different perspectives on similar issues, and improve their social and relationship skills. Groups enable participants to normalize their feelings and behavior, gain an understanding of their symptoms and have peers to provide support, feedback, and accountability.
Information for all groups:
❏ All (current MPB) clients must have an intake assessment on file with our clinic to participate
❏ Cost: Free for those with Medicaid, Blue Cross/Blue Shield accepted with co-pay
❏ $55 per session for all other interested persons
New Patient Registration
Please click the link below if you are a new patient, or if you would like to refer a new patient to our services.