MPB Group, Inc. is a licensed outpatient mental health center that provides mental health therapy for individuals, couples, and families. We also provide integrative services for those clients who struggle with alcohol or drug addiction, as well as ongoing group therapy to meet the varied needs of the clients. In the next few weeks, we will be starting ongoing groups for various ages and populations.
ALL GROUPS WILL NOW BE HELD VIA TELETHERAPY DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
CORONAVIRUS-RELATED SUPPORT GROUPS
Weekly COVID Topic Series
In response to the stressors, MPB Group will be offering weekly groups for the next 10 weeks. Each week will be a different topic related to coping with various aspects and changes due to restrictions in place to prevent the spread of the virus. You can join one group, a few, or all of them. Please see the agenda below to see the topic, group facilitator, and day/time of each week’s group.
If you are interested in going, please respond to the email address cited at least one day before each group so that you can be invited to the Zoom meeting. We look forward to your participation.
Week 1: Do’s and Don’ts While You’re Isolated
Wednesday, April 22nd, 7:00-8:00 pm
Week 2: Self-Care
Justice and Gina: Group@mpbgroupinc.com
Saturday, April 25th, 2:00-3:00 pm
Week 3: Talking to Your Children About COVID
Tuesday April 28th, 4:00-5:00 pm
Week 4: How To Connect With Others During The Mandated Isolation
Monday, April 27th, 7:00-8:00 pm
Week 4: How To Maintain Your Sanity When Working From Home
Saturday, May 9th, 1:00-2:00 PM
Week 5: Teens Only: Coping During the COVID Restrictions
Chante and Morgan: Group@mpbgroupinc.com
Friday, May 15th, 3:00-4:00 pm
Week 6: Stress Management During the Pandemic
Tuesday, May 19th, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Week 7: How To Maintain A Healthy Relationship With Your Partner
Jasmine and Morgan: Group@mpbgroupinc.com
Monday May 25th at 5:00 pm-6:00 pm
Week 8: How To Maitain Sanity With Your Children At Home
Tuesday June 2nd 6:00 pm- 7:00 PM
Week 9:Gratitude When You’re Overwhelmed With The Changes
Monday Jun 6th 6:00-7:00 PM
Group Therapy Meetings Available
- Adult Anxiety Group – Meets weekly on Tuesdays from 6:00-7:00. Topics include anxiety around the Coronavirus, as well as the causes and managing general anxiety, communication, and support. Please ask for Tina.
- Adolescent Support Group (ages 13-18) – During the Coronavirus pandemic, this group will meet weekly on Wednesdays from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. Topics include coping with the effects of the Coronavirus, relationships, peer pressure, coping skills, and more. Ask for Yvette
- Middle School Support Group (grades 6-8) – Meets weekly, day/time TBD. Topics include transitions, anxiety, new expectations, coping skills, and more. Ask for Pam
- Adult Substance Abuse Treatment Group – Meets weekly on Mondays from 7:00-8:00 pm. Topics include maintaining abstinence, coping skills, support, and more. Ask for Tracey or Nidhi
- Adult LGBTQ+ Support Group: – Meets weekly from 7:00 -8:00 pm. Topics include inclusion, identification, self-care, and support. Ask for Amy
COVID Support Group for Adults – Please refer to Adult Anxiety Group at the Columbia location. This group will now incorporate anxiety and concern around the effects of the Coronavirus on yourself and others.
COVID Support Group for Children or Adolescents – Please refer to Adolescent OR Middle School Support Group at the Columbia location. This group will now incorporate anxiety and concern around the effects of the Coronavirus on yourself and others.
Grief/Loss/Depression Support Group – Meets weekly on Thursdays at 5:00 pm. Topics include coping with loss during the Coronavirus pandemic, grief over past losses, and general depression symptoms that interfere with daily functioning. Ask for Renee or Alicia
Information for all groups:
❏ All clients must have an intake assessment on file with our clinic to participate
❏ Cost: Free for those with Medicaid, Blue Cross/Blue Shield accepted with co-pay
❏ $40 per session for all other interested persons
6440 Dobbin Road, Suite D
Columbia, Maryland 21045
Columbia Location: 410.730.2385